Skip to main content
Glynco Campus Home homeNews Alerts home
Story

Myanmar's military declares a ceasefire as earthquake deaths pass 3,000

The surprise announcement by the unelected government said the halt in fighting would run until April 22 to show compassion for people affected by last week's quake.
A damaged pagoda is seen in the aftermath of Friday

The surprise announcement by the unelected government said the halt in fighting would run until April 22 to show compassion for people affected by last week's quake.

(Image credit: AP)

image

Latest NPR news